The Goods to Know
THERE'S SO MUCH TO KNOW!
1. Do you only sell cupcakes?
No! We are a full service bakery that sells cakes, cookies, brownies, puddings, pies, individual slices of cakes and cupcakes all from scratch! We also create custom cakes, wedding cakes and dessert bars. We do not make yeast breads.
2. Your cupcakes and layered cakes are cold when we purchase them in the store. Why is that?
We take food safety very seriously! All of our products are made from scratch so there are no preservatives, shelf stabilizers or artificial flavors. We use dairy and fruit in our fillings and frostings. Our cupcakes are stored in a refrigerated case to ensure you are getting a safe-to-eat product. After purchasing your cupcakes and cakes, we suggest that you allow them to sit at room temperature (away from direct heat or sunlight) for about 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on weather) to allow them to also come to room temperature! This way you will be enjoying your cake, filling and frosting in its ideal state!
3. How do you price your custom cakes?
Custom cake prices are based on design and number of servings. Please email us the design inspiration and servings and we will gladly give you a price quote.
4. Why do you require 2 weeks notice for custom orders?
Custom orders take time to design, create and acquire the proper supplies. We also have a limited number of orders that can be placed within a week, therefore we ask that you place your order as early as possible to secure your date.
5. Will you create the exact design I send to you?
We do not recreate someone else’s exact work, but we will take the design as inspiration and use as many of the elements you request to create your own custom cake.
6. I emailed you, why haven’t you responded?
We get tons of emails a day! We typically respond within 48 hours to our email requests.
7. Do you offer cake tastings?
We offer cake tastings for weddings and large catering events (100+ servings). Tastings are $45 and include 3 flavors of your choice. We currently offer the tasting box as pick up only followed up with a scheduled zoom consultation.
For smaller events, you’re welcome to come into the bakery and purchase an assortment of items to taste.
8. Do you offer gluten-free products?
Yes we offer gluten-free cupcakes and cakes. We use gluten-free flour which contains rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, sorghum flour and xantham gum. We take precautions with baking and handling our gluten-free products to avoid cross contamination, but if you have an extreme allergy to gluten we suggest that you do not purchase our products.
9. Do you offer vegan products?
Yes we offer vegan cupcakes and cakes. Our vegan products are made without animal products or soy. We take precautions with baking and handling our vegan products to avoid cross contamination, but if you have an extreme allergy to dairy or eggs we suggest that you do not purchase our products.
10. Are you a nut free facility?
We are not a nut free facility as we do make certain products with nuts and nut flours. We take precautions with baking and handling our products containing nuts to avoid cross contamination, but if you have an extreme allergy to dairy or eggs we suggest that you do not purchase our products.
11. Do you offer sugar free items?
No we do not.
12. What if I need to cancel my order?
Unforeseen events happen and it is unfortunate when orders need to be cancelled. Please be aware that we manage an extremely heavy production schedule and last minute cancellations cannot always be accommodated due to the amount of planning and work that goes into each order prior to even baking. Please see our detailed cancellation policies below.
13. What if I don’t like it?
On the rare occasion that this happens regarding your cake design, please state your issue at pick up and we will make every effort to make the adjustment. If it is regarding the taste of the product, please kindly return the product to us on the next business day following your purchase. We do not offer refunds on returned products but may work with you on a store credit or product exchange. See our cancellation policies below.
14. Do you offer shipping?
We currently only ship cookies and pound cake. We do not ship anything that requires icing.
Due to tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchange custom cakes, custom cake pops, custom cupcakes and custom cookies.
Once a cake has been picked up by you or a designated party it is considered "Accepted". All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. Refunds requested due to decorating style, color shade or general decoration design after the cake has left the bakery will not be honored.
If you need to postpone your cake for another date or your event was cancelled, we require at least one week notice. With less notice, we can reschedule your order (depending on availability) however you may incur an extra charge to re-bake the cake/recreate the elements on the cake. If you'd like to change the flavor of your cake, we require 72 hours’ notice. 3D Cakes require at least one week's notice if changes want to be made to the cake flavor, design or to change the date.
Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Refunds requested due to flavor or texture after cake has been accepted and picked up will be honored. Baking errors do occur and you may qualify for a store credit if the product is brought back to us the next business day following your purchase and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined not to meet our standards (Our cakes are tasted daily to insure highest possible quality). Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Soul Cakes by Tanya bakery staff. Please understand we cannot control changes in texture or changes in color or shape due to weather conditions.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. If you cancel a cake order before we have a chance to deliver it to you, there is NO Refund. If you pre-paid in full, or placed a partial deposit, you will NOT get a refund if you cancel your order before we have a chance to deliver it to you.
The following 3 scenarios are the only instances when we will provide a refund:
1. If we fail to deliver your cake on the date and time stated on your contract for your wedding, or event. If we deliver the cake 2 hours late, or less we will NOT provide a refund. Further, if customer provides wrong date, time or address for delivery, we will NOT provide a refund. **We will not be responsible for any additional expenses that you incur as a result of our failure to deliver the cake. Our liability is limited to the contracted value of the cake.
2. If you come to our store for “pick up” and the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be handled via check (if payment made in cash) or credit if may by credit card (NO CASH refunds will be given). PLEASE NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake.
3. If we deliver the cake to you and the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). PLEASE NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You only get the refund if you do not “accept” the cake. If you request a refund at time of delivery, you MUST give us back the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.